Inspired by tonight’s Oscar Awards, I decided I would finally get caught up on an award I was nominated for two weeks ago from Caterina at kissmeunderthepinkblossomtree. I’m very honored to receive the award, but my main reason for doing this post is so that I can pass along kudos to other fellow bloggers that I enjoy reading.
Here are the steps of when receiving your Liebster Award nomination:
1. Share eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the eleven questions given by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Ask eleven questions of your own.
4. Nominate eleven bloggers for this award.
Eleven Facts About Myself:
1. I am thrifty when it comes to money. Some would say ‘cheap’, but thrifty sounds better.
2. I never traveled outside the U.S. until I was 29. Now I try to do it once a year.
3. I saved someone’s life once.
4. I shop rarely, but when I do it’s likely at Express.
5. I rarely turn down food. I love to eat!
6. I rarely turn down an opportunity for a night on the town with friends.
7. I never played organized American Football, but I will watch it all day long most Sundays.
8. I enjoy dancing… anywhere… with or without alcohol.
9. I’m good at making martinis, but my drink of choice is a White Russian.
10. I can do almost any sport/physical activity well, but I’m great at none.
11. I love watching movies, but rarely find the time to go to the theater unless someone asks me.
Eleven Answers to Caterina’s questions:
1. What defines beauty?
A: Something that makes you pause and think about nothing else at the time.
2. What is something you admire about yourself?
A: I’m hard working and determined in my pursuits.
3. What is your proudest moment so far in life?
A: I paid every dime for my college with no help… and without going into debt.
4. What do you believe in?
A: I believe that good people will have good things happen to them.
5. What is your best piece of advice?
A: Don’t be afraid to take a chance. Your biggest regret will be in not trying.
6. What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?
A: Driving through the countryside in New Zealand… breath taking!
7. Have you ever been in love?
8. Do you collect anything?
A: Ha! Clutter.
9. What is your most treasured possession?
A: My cell phone. I’m getting quite addicted to it.
10. Do clowns freak you out too?!
A: More now as an adult than when I was a child!
11. Name your favorite scent?
A: Tough to decide… something baked… probably chocolate chip cookies.
My eleven nominees are also relationship bloggers, so my questions will relate to dating/relationships. My questions are:
1. Where/what was your best first date?
2. Where/what was your worst first date?
3. Have you ever ended a date before it started?
4. What is your biggest deal-breaker?
5. What is the quality do you most look for in a significant other?
6. Generally, what is the physical feature you are most attracted to?
7. What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for someone?
8. What is the worst break-up you ever had?
9. What is the most thoughtful gift you’ve ever given or received to/from a significant other?
10. Have you ever broken up with someone, but then regretted it later?
11. What is your longest relationship?
*I’ll allow you to plead the fifth on any of these if you wish.
My eleven nominees are below. Liebster Award nominees are to have fewer than 200 followers. In addition, I looked around to make sure I nominated bloggers for this award that have not yet received it to help spread the wealth a little. I’ve broken my nominees into two categories and they are listed in the order that I started following their blog.
Advice and Insights on Relationships:
Love & Handicapping
Singlettes- Self Esteem and Dating Advice for Single Ladies
Desert Life and The Art of Dating
Congrats to my nominees! Keep doing what you do- I enjoy reading your posts!